Bank at the mall or spawn
I had a idea that I think is great, I went mining and got over 3 stacks of iron ore from one cave and came back and smelted it and realized that I had so much diamonds, iron, gold, red stone, and lapis in my valuables chest that I needed a second chest. So I think it would be a awesome to have a bank at the mall for spawn for people to maybe rent a vault or something to put our valuables in or something of that sort, maybe have it ran by a administrator or someone who can be trusted rather than just a normal player who people may not trust as much as they would a admin.
We used to have a storage building at spawn ages ago (on the old map) but nobody really used it that often so it was scrapped.

Have you ever heard the saying: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.?

Personally, I couldn't fit all my valuables in one chest if I tried (e vent using skulker boxes). I suppose what I'm trying to say is, chests are cheaper than renting storage /vaults.
What's the difference between jam and peanut butter?
I agree with DMG on this one - a storage building or vault wouldn't be used enough.

Plus, if you have enough valuables to overflow into a second chest, there's your answer Tongue